Thursday, May 12, 2011

Book Clocks

A little over a year and a half ago, I was looking for a creative gift to give my best friend for her birthday.  I stumbled across this idea on-line and instantly fell in love with it.  The directions told me to drill a hole through the book itself to insert the clock.  I, being the nerd that I am, could not bring myself to do this.  Instead, I went to my dad's garage, found some plywood, and cut it down to look like a book.  I painted the edges to complete the look.  Since then, I have made two more book clocks.  I love these!!! They are quick, easy, and fun!!!



This last one was the original I saw on-line and by far my favorite! I've been on the look for more books that will work, but it is difficult.  Especially living in a small town without a used book store (that I know of), I have a hard time finding good books and keeping it affordable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment